Who are we?
Do you want to build software that cracks cybercrimes and paralyzes Mr. Robot in his tracks? Do you dare to read the minds of hackers and predict the next nation-state cyberattack? If so, then you belong at Denexus!
DeNexus is what happens when machine learning meets threat hunting. We are a team of visionary engineers scrambling to defend the world using data science. Our mission is to model and stop industrial cyber catastrophes like nuclear explosions and electrical blackouts. If you catch yourself questioning the realstory behind Stuxnet or how many new exploit kits get sold each year in the underground cyber market, then join us in developing the world’s first statistical engine for measuring industrial cyber risk.
Attacks are fast evolving. Defense starts with a true understanding of the system at risk.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be joining a team with no actuarial experience to help to translate cyber risk probability distributions into appropriate insurance policies, and help develop tools to understand the correlation between said policies to properly manage portfolio risk.
· Develop and maintain pricing tools for account pricing and portfolio steering.
· Prepare and complete pricing analyses, including the development of rates, ultimate loss projections and communication of results.
· Participate in development and update of Actuarial models and databases through formula development, research on methodologies, and collaboration on technical teams.
· Support for result monitoring, pricing and portfolio management projects that will assist underwriters and management in managing and steering business. Document and communicate assumptions, results, and alternatives to actuarial staff and internal and external clients.
· Strong understanding and ability to discuss and apply the use of existing & new actuarial concepts/techniques involving exposure adjustments, trend, loss development, exposure rating, et al.
· Identification of data issues requiring specialized actuarial attention.
· Discover weak points of the modeling and assist the team in solving them.
· 5+ years of experience in insurance pricing, preferably supporting commercial or specialty insurance products.
· Robust understanding of pricing techniques, including ratemaking and predictive modeling.
· Experience in R, Python, SAS or other statistical software in insurance pricing applications.
· Remote working in Europe. Most of the team you will be working with is based in Madrid, Spain