Who are we?
Denexus' mission is to build the global standard for Cyber Risk Quantification and unlocking the Risk Capital Markets to underwrite cyber risk at scale.
Join us in developing the world's first statistical engine for measuring industrial cyber risk.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be joining a team with no actuarial experience to help to translate cyber risk probability distributions into appropriate insurance policies, and help develop tools to understand the correlation between said policies to properly manage portfolio risk.
· Develop and maintain pricing tools for account pricing and portfolio steering.
· Prepare and complete pricing analyses, including the development of rates, ultimate loss projections and communication of results.
· Participate in development and update of Actuarial models and databases through formula development, research on methodologies, and collaboration on technical teams.
· Support for result monitoring, pricing and portfolio management projects that will assist underwriters and management in managing and steering business. Document and communicate assumptions, results, and alternatives to actuarial staff and internal and external clients.
· Strong understanding and ability to discuss and apply the use of existing & new actuarial concepts/techniques involving exposure adjustments, trend, loss development, exposure rating, et al.
· Identification of data issues requiring specialized actuarial attention.
· Discover weak points of the modeling and assist the team in solving them.
· 5+ years of experience in insurance pricing, preferably supporting commercial or specialty insurance products.
· Robust understanding of pricing techniques, including ratemaking and predictive modeling.
· Experience in R, Python, SAS or other statistical software in insurance pricing applications.
· Remote working in Europe. Most of the team you will be working with is based in Madrid, Spain