Who are we?
Denexus' mission is to build the global standard for Cyber Risk Quantification and unlocking the Risk Capital Markets to underwrite cyber risk at scale.
Join us in developing the world's first statistical engine for measuring industrial cyber risk.
DeNexus is looking for a Senior Advanced Analytics Modeler to join the Data and Modeling (DnM) team.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Lead of Data and Modeling, the Sr. Advanced Analytics Modeler will use and implement a wide
array of statistical, econometric and advanced machine learning models to drive cyber risk quantification.
The Sr. Advanced Analytics Modeler is passionate about creating statistical models that describe the real
world, making sure that they are robust enough to support informed decision making. He/She is not scared to build a new model
from scratch according to industry specifications, finds thrilling the challenge of facing completely new problems every day and
having to find ways to tackle them, and loves being in a continuos learning process.
The Sr Advanced Analytics Modeler will need to have extensive knowledge of the data modeling lifecycle,
modeling tools and be able to build robust analytic engines that make an impact on our product, the DeRISK platform. He/she will work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate problems and requirements from the industry into structured
and repeatable analytics models, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and the development of effective
The Sr. Advanced Analytics Modeler is responsible for:
• Developing and improving models across the entire development pipeline – from data ingestion to predictive modeling and communicating the results to key internal stakeholders.
• Research and integrate econometric and statistical models as needed to create compelling insights and visualizations of data from our DeNexus data platform.
• Identify value in the datasets being explored, produce concise insights and develop inputs to improve the DeRISK modeling system.
Play a pivotal role in helping shape the data science discipline and philosophy for the team members.
• Quantitative modeling experience 4-5 years, ideally under the Bayesian approach to data analysis.
• Ability to identify and apply relevant statistical, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to achieve concrete goals and work with the business and product owner to understand available resources and constraints around data, processing platforms, and security; and provide assistance and resolve problems using solid problem-solving skills and strong verbal/written communication.
• Strong background in math/statistics/quantitative field. broad, versatile knowledge of analytics and data science landscape.
• Master’s degree or PhD from an accredited college/university in a quantitative discipline, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Engineering.
• Advanced coding abilities in Python, R and SQL, and a passion for programming, familiarity with other programming languages, is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical results to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to adapt to changing and fast-paced environment, evolving the change solution ensuring delivery of flexibility and agility.
• Ability to work with large and diverse teams.
• English proficiency.
We highly value
• Experience in cybersecurity, the insurance industry, the financial industry, and catastrophe modeling.
• Experience with the entire software development lifecycle, knowledge of software development methodologies, frameworks, tools, and technical architecture.
• Creative & passionate about statistics/math, data, technology, and its applications, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Remote working in Spain. Most of the team you will be working with is based in Madrid, Spain