Senior Actuarial Analyst
DeNexus is the leading provider of cyber risk modeling for industrial enterprises.
Our mission is to build the global standard for industrial cyber risk quantification. Our flagship platform, DeRISK, is the world’s first self-adaptive software platform that using evidence-based data predicts where and how breaches are likely to occur in unique client contexts, translating that information into dollars at risk. Fortune 500 companies, from power generation to manufacturing to other critical infrastructure, rely on DeNexus to understand their bespoke cybersecurity economics and optimize their risk-reduction ROI.
Join us in developing the world's first statistical engine for measuring industrial cyber risk.
Job Purpose/Position Summary
DeNexus’ mission is to build the Global Standard of Industrial Cyber Risk Quantification for Agencies, Shareholders, Investors, Boards and the Risk Transfer Market.
DeNexus’ flagship product DeRISK is an evidence-based cyber risk quantification SaaS platform for industrial corporations and (re)insurers of cyber risk. DeRISK provides an inside-out and outside-in view of the risk, both at the unit industrial facility and portfolio levels.
As the Senior Actuarial Analyst you will play an integral role in delivering analytics solutions for the DeRISK platform.
You will be working internally within DeRISK development team to provide a first-in-market solution approach to industrial cyber risk quantification.
Specifically, you will be part of the cyber risk modeling team and the risk transfer team, playing as an actuarial specialist in both unitary and accumulated/catastrophic risk.
You will also have the opportunity to learn from the exceptional experts that are part of DeNexus and the DeNexus Advisory Board.
- Provide actuarial inputs for the cyber risk quantification system.
- Verify data sources and identify new sources of data.
- Develop processes for improved data analysis and reporting.
- Assist the modeling team with sensitivity analysis and calibration tasks.
- Diagnosis and calibration of DeRISK results with real cases.
- Producing reports on modeling system results and analytical findings.
- Work between unit risk, risk accumulation and cat risk.
- Work closely with Product Management and UI/UX teams to define information, Key Risk Indicators, and workflows in DeRISK’s UI and to be exposed to other systems or platforms through the DeRISK’s Rest-API.
- Prepare summaries, presentations, and reports to summarize potential risks and loss results and to make recommendations to the use cases/client about how they can improve their portfolio.
- Be able to document risk modeling methodology for product management and other internal stakeholders.
- As part of the DeNexus´risk transfer team, you will work closely with insurance, reinsurance and ILS experts in the definition and development of the DeNexus Insurance MVP that the company will test drive in a pilot project in 2022, to productize and scale it in 2023 to provide cyber risk protection and capacity at scale to DeNexus’ industrial clients
- +5 years of directly relevant actuarial experience.
- Advanced degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or other relevant courses.
- Specialized mathematical knowledge in calculus, statistics, probability, as well as technical training in finance, accounting, economics.
- Working knowledge of statistical and actuarial analysis software
- Exceptional critical thinking, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, both independent and collaborative.
- Can communicate complex statistical findings in an easy-to-understand way.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Valid permit to work in US or Europe.
DeNexus highly values …
- Cyber security knowledge.
- Experience in cat modeling algorithms, data cleanup and validation analysis.
- Industry certifications.
- Based in USA (remote position).
- Occasional travel to: Madrid (Spain), San Francisco (USA).